The Crows nest!


Thursday 29 December 2011

The Review of 2011

January I am finding the start of the year difficult, I am getting a little pain between my shoulder blades, I cooked a well received dinner last week for the my mum, Tom and little brother Glen, and I was planning to make it stake but they wanted Vegetarian so made a veggie shepherds pie, roast potatoes, and over cooked Veggies.
Feb its very cold snow is deep, Obi loves it, I am starting to prepare my vegetables for the garden lots and lots of little pots are scattered all over the conservatory window sills potato’s, Onions, sweet corn, broccoli (which turned into Peas!) I am starting to use GTN more and more.
March I am going to hospital for 3 new stints, the operation is so painful, I wish I had died there and then on the operation table, I so want to look after myself more, but I am getting so much stress from the DSS they offered me to lug pig bodies for a butcher, even thought I love animals I refuse such a job and have a doctors note to prove I cannot do this type of heavy work, it don’t stop them asking me to do other stupid jobs, is it worth the hassle? The pain is back and my arm is getting sore.
April, the only fool is me, I am actually letting some jobs worth at the dss push me around, the only thing I am looking forward to is going home and taking Obi for a walk over the fields, there I can get lost in my own thoughts and everything don’t feel so bad even if its only for a short time, Obi hair is getting long he needs a clean he has a bit of poo on his bum, poor mutt, I try to clean him in the field, the pain comes back and hammers me, I am over a mile from home in the middle of the Essex fields. I walk back home so slowly, I wonder if I can actually make it do I let obi make his own way home and follow him? I make it, I tell fox I am having a heart attack, she calls the ambulance and I change slowly to my bed ware, the ambulance comes and a paramedic blocks our drive way fox can’t follow the ambulance and she has to wait for Nicky to come and watch after Obi. I spend the next 10 days getting my body fixed out and I have another Angioplasty this time in my arm, its less painful, which gives me a lot of comfort, but I vow to myself if I have another heart attack, I would rather not say and just slip away, I am feeling so low, I am feeling that my world has no comfort, nothing to look forward to, and I am so tired of feeling the pain in my body day after day, and I feel I just constantly moan at fox and drag her down.
May, I am only out of hospital a week and our Plumbing has fallen apart, no heat no hot water, our baths are filled from the kettle and pots, and the dss are being nasty they refused to accept my doctors sick certificate cause I did not fill out some shit form in time, even when I explained why I did not do it on time, they did not even look at it, my thoughts are so troubled, I am relighting so much on Fox her wages are being over stretched.
June, still no hot water or heat, we are using a really old gas fire in the front room in the evening, I am still taking it easy but its made more difficult from the DWP who are sending me round in circles from one dept to the next this goes on for nearly 8 weeks till me and fox decide that enough is enough and tell them were to stick there money, its going to be hard from now on, I am going to have to get used to having no money in my pockets.
July it’s a lovely hot sunshine almost everyday walking Obi feels so joyful and I met a few new people on Facebook, one in particular helps me to start to put pen to paper once again and start back on blogging and is one of my great supporters and always comments and shares my work.
August I have done a few feet and saved the money up to give to Fox for her birthday even Obi earned some money from being a good boy and gave mummy dog £5 and a card with his own paw print, I make her a lovely dinner and do her feet wish is not a treat its something she gets when she needs it, a good stress relief and helps send her off to the land of nod. A new program has come one My ghost story it runs for 12 weeks I love this show, since it is full of people who have in some way recorded the paranormal, its my Thursday night treat to sit with orange juice and some digestives and watch. Still no hot water or heating, we might have to ask the plumber if he can just fix it up for us?
September, it passes by I had my birthday Fox got me some new boots for the fields, and my sister gave me some money which I got a few books with, Obi is having his hair cut, which seems to be every 4 months, but less these days since the person I was meant to open a business with had let me down so badly, I am reticent in letting her touch Obi but she is the only person I know that can do a proper job, I do forgive but can’t forget I always forgive family- family a love that bonds.
October OMG I felt like a pedo at the village party it was full of kids and I mean full of kids, it was for the pre school in the village, I stayed all but 20 minutes before I had to get away, I took obi for a long walk over the fields and sat in St Mary’s church yard among the dead and gravestones took some pictures which look kind of spookily good. Still no hot water and heating, we have talked to the plumber he tells us its will cost us nearly £800 to fix it up and no guarantees that it will work its been so un used for so long.
November I am well in the swing of my blog now and have picked up from where I have left off, still less blogs than I am used to but I am getting a fair amount of readers from friends on Facebook and what I put on Twitter and adding the links to Yahoo news and answers. Still no heating or hot water, but we have saved enough for it to be done but there are consequences to pay.
December the plumbers arrived and get to work it takes the whole day the heating is fixed the hot water is fixed and its all working according to plan, we pay the plumber £780 in crisp £20 notes, our Yule money gone in the space of a second, no presents no tree in fact the only person to get a present was Obi
from me and fox he loved his squeaky toys and tinkling rain deer, we had a visit from Mum Tom and Glen they got us a little present me a Celtic hat and scarf which I will treasure, I am meeting my sister soon its her birthday on the 28th/12 I plan to bake her a cake, as my statement of love for her.
I had a hospital appointment on the 23rd seems my heart is still blocked and I will once again be going to have a radio nuclide test at one of the London hospitals in the new year.
http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/tests/radionuclide-tests.aspx That’s my year in miniature I hope you have had a good Yule and new year I hope that the year ahead is one of wonder and good cheer and joyful change that is both positive and lucrative for you all.

2 comments:

  1. 2011 sounds like it was a tough year, with your health, then the boiler at home and cash flow crisis too ..... I had not realized how tough things were for you guys. I hope so much that 2012 brings you nothing but happiness and good luck ... that you get your health back on track and continue writing. Your a good man Arrmand, and your blogs and friendship mean alot to many people ..... hugs to you my friend :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been hard Anni we all have a tough time some times but we live and survive cause we have friends like you xxx

    ReplyDelete